Sleepy Bunny

Several nights ago after I had tucked my children into bed and kissed them goodnight, it became stormy and dark outside. I ventured to my sewing room, where I could hear the rain pouring on the roof and pummeling the windows as thunder rumbled in the distance. It was eerie, yet soothing. This is one of my favorite times, when I can sew and listen to the sounds of nature. 

It had been ages since I sewed a finished project, so I checked out Pinterest to find an inspiring picture that looked doable in an evening's time. I found a cute little bunny with a heart on its tummy, and thought it would be perfect. It was a free pattern, but I decided to free-hand it instead of printing. I'll be making more from the pattern in the future, though, since it is so adorable. It is called "Snuggle Bunny" and it is from Miss Daisy Patterns and Tutorials. Check out the website and pattern if you have the chance, it looks like a good one. 

First of all, I found some fabric that coordinated in my stash. I bought both of these from a thrift store a couple of years ago, knowing I would find a purpose for them in the future. 


I drew out the shapes I wanted on the back side of the fabric, and cut them out. 


Bunny looked a little plain with just the heart, so I added a bow, too.


Then I sewed the ears to the front, and sewed its face with a tight zigzag stitch, since I didn't want to spend all night embroidering by hand. 


I put its right sides together, and sewed around the sides, leaving a small spot open where I could turn it right side out and stuff it.


Hello there!


Some stuffing helped make the bunny more snuggle-able.


After the stuffing was done, I stitched up the hole with some matching thread. 

In the morning when my kids woke up, my daughter immediately claimed this little bunny, declared it a girl, and named her "Sleepy Bunny." 


Sleepy Bunny is already well-loved, and ranks right next to Hooty-Hoot in my daughter's hierarchy of lovies. If you don't know Hooty-Hoot, I mentioned her in the bottom of this post.

This was a quick and easy sewing project, and finishing it reminded me how much I love to sew. It refueled my desire to sew more things, and I will be posting those soon. 

Have you made anything lately? If you're stuck in a rut, try making something that is quick and simple, and it is sure to reinvigorate you! It certainly worked for me.

-Bridget :)

Comments

Popular Posts