No-Knead Artisan Bread: Worth the Hype?

Not too long ago, I noticed Pinterest was flooded with multiple pins for no-knead artisan bread recipes. I thought it would be worth a try, since so many people were going crazy over it. Seriously, people were raving about this bread. Naturally, I checked out the recipe with the intention to give it a try. When I saw a dutch oven was required to make it (which I did not currently own), I lost interest.

This Christmas, my sweet hubby knew how much I already loved cooking with my cast iron skillet, so he bought me both a cast iron dutch oven and cast iron griddle. What useful and lovely gifts. He is so thoughtful and knows me so well. However, by this time I had forgotten about the bread recipes.

But then, one fateful day, a no-knead artisan bread recipe pin popped up in my Pinterest feed.

I gave it a try, because I owned the proper bakeware this time.


The finished bread was beautiful!


It was insanely easy!


It was delicious and encased in a beautiful crust!


With the addition of an herb, the flavor was elevated to a whole new level.


Mmm...thyme bread.


Mmm...rosemary bread.


 The possibilities are endless!


It is best when toasted and buttered, and enjoyed in its simplest state.


It also makes a heavenly grilled cheese sandwich.


The cheese melts into all the nooks and crannies of the bread, and you may produce tears of joy as you consume each morsel.



Moral of the story: Stop the bandwagon; I'm climbing aboard! This bread is totally worth the hype.

The recipe I used to make this no-knead crusty artisan bread is from the blog The Comfort of Cooking. I will have to check out more of her recipes, because they look beautiful and delicious. 

Have you tried a no-knead bread recipe yet? What is your favorite bread recipe?

-Bridget :)




Comments

Popular Posts