Buttermilk Belgian Waffles

This weekend, my family enjoyed a lazy Saturday morning. After I woke up for the day, I snuggled on the couch with my little sweeties watching cartoons for a while. I love spending time with them. They are so sweet, and love to give me hugs and kisses (in exchange for back scratches, of course). When I heard their tummies start to rumble, I knew it was time to get off the couch and figure out a breakfast plan.

Since no one had school to get ready for, I decided to make a breakfast food that isn't as fast and easy as a bowl of cereal. Waffles seemed perfect for the occasion. I bought some buttermilk while grocery shopping earlier this week, so I had all the ingredients needed for Buttermilk Belgian Waffles from Epicurious. I have made this recipe a few times, and I always love how it turns out. 

Unfortunately for me, as I brought my waffle iron out of the cabinet, I realized it needed a very thorough cleaning. Last time I made waffles, I chose to make Liege waffles. That batter has pearl sugar in it, and it makes a terribly sticky mess in the waffle iron. After using a scrub brush and some elbow grease, I was ready to fire up the waffle iron. 

I mixed the batter together, and poured it into the waffle iron when it reached the right temperature. 


Every waffle turned out golden and crisp on the outside. Perfection. 


Our favorite way to eat them is with maple syrup and a little whipped cream on top.


Delicious. 


My children were so excited for their waffle breakfast, and quickly devoured them. This is a meal that is never turned down. It is one of their favorites. 

If you're looking for a new waffle recipe, give this one a try! It is a definite winner on my family's plates.

-Bridget :)

Comments

Popular Posts