Homemade Meatballs

Rainy, stormy days always make me crave comfort food, and pasta is one of my favorite comfort foods. I already had some ground beef in my refrigerator, so I thought a nice spaghetti with homemade meatballs in marinara sauce would be perfectly fitting for the stormy weather.


I googled homemade meatball recipes, and decided to make the Authentic Italian Meatballs from Food.com. It was well reviewed, and I already had everything I needed in my pantry.

I mixed all the ingredients together, and added a half teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried oregano to make sure it had a strong Italian flavor.  


I used a scoop to separate the meat mixture into equal balls, and then rolled them by hand and put them on a foil-lined and greased baking sheet. 


I decided to bake them at 425 degrees for about 23 minutes instead of boiling them to get a crisp exterior. 


Of course, I had to sample one to make sure it tasted good. It was flavorful and juicy. 


They turned out just as I had hoped, so I added them to my marinara sauce that had been simmering on the stovetop, then mixed in the spaghetti noodles.


Grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese added a nice touch, and extra hit of flavor. 


If you're looking for a good meatball recipe, give this one a try! It was delicious, and my whole family liked it. 

-Bridget :)

Comments

Popular Posts