Spiced Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Glaze

Even though it still feels like summer at my house, autumn weather is on its way!

After dinner last night, I wanted to make a tasty fall treat. I had a craving for a pumpkin dessert, so I took out my phone and started searching for a recipe. After a quick google search, I decided to make pumpkin cookies.

The recipe is called Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies and it is from Very Best Baking by Nestle. I always like to read through recipe reviews before making a recipe, just to see if anyone noticed any problems with it, and I'm glad that I did. One reviewer said the cookies didn't have enough flavor, so I made a few changes. I added a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon instead of just 1 teaspoon, and I added 1/4 teaspoon of cloves to give it a little more spice. I also lined my baking sheet with parchment paper to help the cookies not stick when it was time to remove them for cooling.


I love how they turned out! They are both pretty and delicious. 


My kids also loved them, and quickly finished them off.

If you're looking for a tasty pumpkin treat, you should give these a try! They are especially great for sharing with friends and family. :)

-Bridget

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts